Menu

Beach Fit Naturally

Beach fit is everyone's goal as soon as the winter starts to end in most places, uh oh summer is coming time to get in shape! The best way I stay more fit these days is the beach. Admittedly I live down South so I can go to the beach more often now, although it gets pretty chilly sometimes in the winter even down here. It's not just the beach that does it though. It's the walking. And walking. You don't even realize how much walking you can do if you aren't thinking about it as exercise.

I wear my Fitbit when I walk on the beach. Well OK I always wear my Fitbit! About 4 years ago I gave up carbs in my never ending search for losing weight, staying gut healthy, sharper and more alert. Healthier. Then the Fitbit age came around and I thought, OK I'll try this but I bet I already burn plenty of calories every day. I started out with a Fitbit Charge. I decided not to ramp up any workouts or walks to see what I already naturally burn in calories a day. I stay pretty busy even though I had retired from 20 years of heavy duty physically demanding firefighting.

Fitbit Perfect To Wear All The Time


Shock of my life. I didn't burn half the calories all the experts said I should burn every day just to maintain my weight!! What! No Way. The second day showed the same results and I realized, I needed to kick up my every day routine. Walking yes. Stepping around the house more often. You can keep your feet, arms and body moving while you cook, brush your teeth, choose your clothes and you can get up and move while you watch TV. Yakking on your phone. Texting with your friends. Guess what get up and get moving. Take a walk. Vacuum the house (I hate cleaning but it really does burn calories and you have a cleaner house afterwards!)  Working on your computer. Get up more often take a break walk to your other rooms. Do some chores. Park a little further away when you go shopping. I'm serious! The results just from doing the above is phenomenal.

Not only did I feel great but I have to tell you within 2 weeks, not eating any differently because I already was watching the intake, cutting the carbs and drinking my water - the weight dropped off, just gone. 10 lbs, 15 lbs. I started seeing numbers on my scale I didn't even see as a teenager. And most important I felt great. I'm just sharing I promise I'm not a Fitbit Rep or anything like that.

Fitbit Calorie Burning Tracker Wear It On The Go


So when I moved down South I wasn't going to give up my stepping and moving or my Fitbit. Once I found the beach, well that is just heaven. Taking a walk around your community is nice but walking on the beach it's incredible. I love the "steps" I burn the calories with, I love the freedom from stress, laundry, vacuuming, bills. I love the beach and staying fit naturally walking on the sandy beach is the biggest bonus of all.

I did however switch to the Fitbit Flex 2 because it's waterproof perfect for beach days, swimming and not only is light to wear, you can change bands (the charge band fell apart and could not be replaced you had to buy a whole new expensive Fitbit) bands come in sizes that fit not only my wrist but also my ankle for my bicycle exercising. The only downfall is it has not on unit screen you do have to check your phone for your updated stats, this doesn't really bother me but it was a change.

Fitbit Flex 2 is waterproof and perfect for the beach and pool
Fitbit Flex 2 is waterproof and perfect for the beach and pool

The Fitbit Flex 2 is very inexpensive now probably because it will be replaced with a more expensive Charge version that will be waterproof but at around $59.00 trust me, I really love this Fitbit and never, ever fall below my daily steps it's become too important to me to forget about it or just let it be another "fad". 

 Personalize Your World Be Happy With You


So even if you can't make it to the beach to go walking, consider a Fitbit or calorie burning tracker that works for you. It motivates you watching real results to get up and get moving. It helps you stay fit physically and when you are so proud of yourself it helps you mentally too. Goals are good and everyone's goal should always be to be proud of themselves for who they are.


Disclaimer: The links above for the Fitbit Flex2 link to Walmart where I bought mine, I do get a small affiliation fee from Walmart if you purchase through this click (help support small businesses like mine if it works for you too!) but you can buy FitBit from many stores and other links online. The important part of this story was to let you know how great it works for me!

share under post