Menu

Relax On The Beach

This relax on the beach post is probably different than most others you have seen. It has all the great makings of sand, ocean waves, a scenic beach umbrella and two beach sand chairs. It even has an awesome sea bird time perfectly to beautifully photo bomb my relax on the beach photo.

 Relax On The Beach

The difference is I can't remember ever using the beach chairs to actually sit in. Once I did give in and sit under the umbrella for 15 minutes to cool off, but the rest of the time I'm just not sitting in the sand, under the umbrella and watching the waves wash up.

To me relaxing on the beach means taking walks that end up, well I don't know how far I end up! I'm too busy enjoying the sea air, watching the waves and walking in them ankle deep to see how far I ended up. My fitbit is on. I have the cool yet inexpensive waterproof fitbit Flex 2 tracker that goes with me wherever I go (you can read more about why the Fitbit Flex 2 is important to me). I can go back later and look at my phone to see how much mileage I tracked, how many calories I  burned.... but no I'm too busy relaxing by not sitting still. There's too much to see. Different areas of the beach have different waves and troughs and sandy inclines. I have to see them all. 


There are seashells to look for especially if the high tide left a new wrack line, I don't want to miss any new ones. There is sea glass to search for. Sand dollars could wash up. There is so much to see. Cool dogs are playing in the water and chasing balls on the sandy beaches. Kids are happy and smiling and building sandcastles. 


Walking along and seeing what's new at the beach is always what is relaxing to me! But I have to admit after all the sea winds, sandy feet, crashing waves and hopefully a shell bag filled with some new treasures, the best part is going back to home base. Where the family has the sand chairs, beach umbrella, sandy towels and fishing rods, big smiles on their faces greeting me knowing how much I love the beach and these walks. Relaxing on the beach. Keeping it moving that's how I relax on the beach. Just writing about it makes me look forward to.... well hopefully tomorrow when we are seashore bound again.

Footsteps On The Beach




share under post